Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Bookish Find in Maine






MAINELY MURDERS BOOKSTORE
1 Bourne Street
Kennebunk, Maine

A serendipitous post on the Maine Crime Writers blog alerted me to the presence of Mainely Murders Bookstore located on a side street, but still downtown Kennebunk. I knew we had to go there this trip even though Kennebunk is not a regular stop. We are usually pushing on to the Rockland/Camden area at that point.

Mainely Murders is a small gem, run by Paula and Ann, two very knowledgeable women. The store is obviously a labor of love and visitors are kindly welcomed. It has a unique shelving system; at least I have never seen books shelved by geographical location before. So if you are particularly fond of British mysteries, they can steer you to that section. The same goes for American, French, Scandinavian, etc. Of course Maine gets its own section with so many well-known writers living and writing in Maine. I walked out with two British mystery series with which I was not familiar. They were even able to supply me with the first books in the series, as the store features a mix of both used and new books so that they can maintain backlist titles. 

I can highly recommend Mainely Mysteries Bookstore for mystery fans. If you aren't a mystery fan, then Ann and Paula can get you started!

No comments:

Post a Comment