Sunday, June 2, 2013

Book Expo America 2013



Book Expo America
May 28- June 1, 2013
Javits Center
New York City

Book Expo was another great experience among the book people. I attended on Thursday and Friday, meeting a lot of authors, some new to me and some old favorites. I picked up lots of "swag", both Advance Reader's Copies and finished books. So I have a lot of new fodder for the blog over the next few months. Standing in line to meet and have copies signed by authors is always tiring, but I find there are always interesting and nice people to chat with. Some of the authors I met are: Alafair Burke, Allan Gurganus, Chris Pavone, Laura Lippman, Daniel Woodrell, Cathie Pelletier, Lee Smith, Rick Atkinson and Hilary Davidson. I am most excited about getting my hands on an ARC for Seven for a Secret, the follow up to last year's spectacular Gods of Gotham (reviewed here in April 2012). I did my best not to go all "fangirl" in Lindsay Faye but I am not sure I was entirely successful! Judging from the length of the line and the level of excitement Seven for a Secret will be a very big book in September. 

The overall atmosphere at BEA was positive, both among attendees and exhibitors. The feeling is that the business is stabilizing somewhat after several years of challenge and upheaval. One can only hope that the trend continues. Many of the events are available for viewing at www.bookexpoamerica.com. 

Now my only problem is what to read first!

No comments:

Post a Comment