Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Not so much...



HUNTED (Iron Druid Chronicles #6)
Kevin Hearne
Del Rey
June 2013

I wish I had better things to say about Hunted(Iron Druid #6). The Iron Druid Series has been a favorite since the first three were brought out in quick succession a couple of years ago. I loved the originality and especially the internal dialogue between Atticus and Oberon, his wolf hound. This book just didn't feel like it went anywhere in terms of advancing the story line. In terms of other movement- there was plenty. Atticus, Oberon and Granuaile were running (literally) through Europe, pursued by two angry goddesses, Artemis and Diana. 


The three companions have managed to get just about all the gods of all the pantheons angry, mostly due to Atticus' ill-considered actions. Not only that- Loki, the Norse god of fire wants to start Ragnarok, the end of all the worlds. Not to mention the vampires, fairies and dark elves. I feel that there is just way too much going on. There were things that I enjoyed but I found myself easily putting down the book to do something else. I still love Oberon- the dialogue remains fresh and funny. I don't doubt that I will read the next book but it will probably not be a day of release read.

RATING- 3 Magical Swords

No comments:

Post a Comment