Sunday, January 23, 2022

Updated Collection of Phryne Fisher Stories for 2022

 


THE LADY WITH THE GUN ASKS THE QUESTIONS
Phryne Fisher Collection
Kerry Greenwood
Poisoned Pen Press
May 17, 2022




I am a fan of the Miss Fisher series with the incomparable Essie Davis in the title role. But, I had only read a few of the books, so this collection was a delight. Even more so was the introduction describing how Phryne sprang into being. There are four new stories in the group, and some others have been edited. They were all new to me. I can't say which stories were better than others. Still, I can point out a couple of my favorites: Death Shall Be Dead, in which Phryne shows her innate kindness by finding a home for the old dog of a murdered man. Marrying the Bookie's Daughter, in which she thwarts the revenge of a jilted young woman by getting her a more profitable one, is another favorite.

I highly recommend The Lady with the Gun Asks the Questions for fans of Miss Fisher, both old and new. Thanks to NetGalley and Poisoned Pen Press for an advance digital copy. The opinions are my own.


RATING- 5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment